You only have a few days left to submit your DIY Flower Inspiration Board for a chance to win $300 toward your BloomsByTheBox.com order! All you need to do is create an inspiration board using our handy design/ planning tool. Then, hit the submit button, the winner will be the board that gets the most Facebook votes! We will be posting all boards in a Facebook photo album! Share your inspiration board that is posted on our Facebook to get friends to vote! It’s easy!
Need to know how to create the inspiration board? Check out this video demo:
Creating mismatched, vintage/antique DIY wedding centerpieces is a popular option for modern day budget weddings. You often see beautiful mixes of blue glass, amber glass, medicine bottles, and hobnail vases with lush greenery and flowers in romantic styled weddings. Both traditional antiquing and internet antiquing coupled together will help you hunt down best prices and offerings! Pair these your vintage/ antique vases with wholesale flowers will help you come in budget! Photo by Linda Chaja Photography featured on Style Me Pretty.
There are a couple different reasons that antiquing could be attractive to you:
1. Grab aunts, grandmothers, and future in-laws to do some vase hunting. This is a great way to start the integration of your two families. Bringing a mother in-law/future relatives with your family can help begin the bonding process. Antiquing can promote nostalgic memories from childhood that remind people of the importance of family relationships . The nostalgic atmosphere is the perfect place to create new memories and family connections.
2. You can supplement your antiquing trip with some internet antiquing. After you have found a number of pieces in your family and friend trip you can search the internet. This way there wont be as much pressure for your family outing and you can always find more when you get home.
3. Mix and match vases create a textured look that fits into a romantic wedding theme. The ability to mix different vase types together will also save your wallet. You will gain flexibility that allows you select vases at a good price rather than something that matches perfectly with the other vases! Small sets of vases like the amber glass above will provide some consistency with a couple other “sets”.
Some other favorite resources for vintage and antique DIY flower containers include Etsy.com, LunarBazaar.com, PotteryBarn.com, BDHLN.com, and or course all your local antique stores! Please comment and let us know where you are finding your vintage vases!
The “DIY Flower Inspiration Board” is designed to simplify sampling flower combinations and sharing designs with family and friends. To celebrate its launch, BloomsByTheBox is hosting “The 2014 Great Inspirations DIY Wedding Flowers Giveaway” during March and April 2014. The grand prize winner will turn his or her wedding inspiration into $300 worth of purchases at BloomsByTheBox.com. A second place winner will also be chosen to receive a $75 purchase. Be sure to read “How To Enter” and “Rules” before submitting your entry!
We are excited to continue the BloomsByTheBox “DIY+ Deluxe Support” available to customers. Each and every DIY’er deserves the professional support and direction they would get with a florist. We are proud to offer an abundance of resources that make DIY flowers a creative adventure and not a burdensome task. In addition to our new DIY Flower Inspiration board tool, you should take advantage of our DIY Guide to Wedding Flowers, online DIY Flower 101 lessons, video tutorial workshop, inspiration gallery, DIY Flower Tutorials Collection on Pinterest, and top notch customer service and planning support (live chat today).
HOW TO ENTER: Share Your DIY Flower Inspiration & WIN!
Go to BloomsByTheBox.com, create a DIY Flower Inspiration Board and submit it to WIN! The submit button is located right under your finished inspiration board, just hit submit!
Blooms will accept entries until Sunday March 30th. On Monday March 31st, all valid entries will be posted on the Blooms Facebook Page, and the Inspiration Board receiving the most “Likes” by SUNDAY April 13th will win $300.00 towards your BloomsByTheBox DIY wedding flowers. A second place winner will receive $75.00 to spend with BloomsByTheBox.
Rules & Regulations:
1. All entries must be received by 11:59 Sunday, March 30.
2. Only one entry per Blooms user account.
3. You may share your inspiration board from our Facebook page to get likes! This will help you friends locate your board and vote.
4. All entries will be posted on BloomsByTheBox Facebook page on Monday, March 31. The Inspiration Board image with the highest number of FB “Likes” by Sunday, April 13 will be the Grand Prize winner. The second-highest number of FB Likes will receive the 2nd place prize.
5. In the event of a tie, BloomsByTheBox will randomly select first and second place winners from tying entries.
6. Winners will be announced Monday, April 14. Winners will be notified via email using the contact information on the Blooms user account. Winners will be announced on Facebook, Instagram and BloomsBlog.
7. Grand Prize: Winner will receive a $300 BloomsByTheBox credit good for the purchase of flowers and floral supplies sold by BloomsByTheBox. Unused credit cannot be redeemed for cash. Credit is valid until April 14, 2015.
8. Second Prize: Winner will receive a $75 BloomsByTheBox credit good for the purchase of flowers and floral supplies sold by BloomsByTheBox. Unused credit cannot be redeemed for cash. Credit is valid until April 14, 2015.
Demo: How to Use the Blooms’ DIY Flower Inspiration Boards…
Do you plan on putting flowers in your hair on your wedding day? Learn how to make your own flower hair clips in this video. Even though there are many ways you can include flowers in your wedding day hair, we suggest keeping it minimalistic. In this video, we make a simple floral design that can be used with any hair style. Keep in mind that you can use any of your favorite hair accessories to make a floral design. Use a headband, a comb pin, a barrette, or a clip. Try to use something with a surface that can act as the base of the floral design.
What you Need: A focal flower, a filler flower, greens, floral adhesive, floral scissors and your hair accessory.
After learning how to make your own flower hair clips do you feel that you may want to also make centerpieces, bouquets, or other arrangements? Make sure to visit the BloomsByTheBox YouTube channel to learn how to make all the arrangements you need for your wedding or events.
BloomsByTheBox.com is thrilled to announce the new offering of bulk roses, making affordable roses for weddings and events an achievable wedding feat. It seems hard to find quality and price coupled together, usually one of those is comprised for the sake of the other, but not here. Our specialty farm direct program allows you to purchase premium bulk roses at an extremely affordable price. All bulk roses are harvested, prepped, and packaged in Ecuador and shipped directly to your door with FedEx International Express Service.
We have every color bulk rose you can imagine! From hot pink to bi-color orange roses! Take a look at our extensive color options, including specialty variety and even grower’s choice.
We offer multiple sizes that allow you to pick not only the best price point but the best sizes for your arrangements. The 40cm roses are our economy size roses. They are just a bit smaller thank your standard size rose and sport a 40cm stem and are commonly used for corsages. The 50cm rose is the standard size rose that you most often see at your local florist, this is the best size for making bouquets. The 60cm rose has a large head and long stem. The large roses are most often used in large centerpiece arrangements.
The bulk roses need to pre-ordered (need to order at least 10 days ahead) but if you are working on a shorter timeline than you can order from our in-stock roses category. You still get the amazing quality, can buy them in smaller quantities, and get them next day! BUT if you are ordering a large quantity, in advance, you can get a big price break by ordering from our bulk rose category.
Don’t see a color or variety that you need? Call us or get in touch! We look forward to making sure you get the exact flowers you want and need to your event, at the right price!
Incorporating floral accents like wedding flower hair designs into your budget wedding decor can be a breeze. Placing flowers in your hair can be just as easy, affordable, and quick as it sounds. Here are some tips for flower hair designs for your wedding.
1. Select light flower. Large and heavy flowers like lilies, roses, peonies, garden roses, and succulents are going to be hard to work into hair. They are too heavy and bulk for a simple DIY and the last think you need on your wedding day is frustration with your hair. The best flowers for the job are: Fillers (baby’s breath, waxflower, solidago etc.), freesia, ranunculus, florets from hydrangeas, spray mums, spray roses, sweetheart roses, anemones, lisianthus and dendrobium orchids.
Make this design by using floral adhesive to attach and position white larkspur florets, pieces of cream astilbe, greens,and scabiosa to a plastic hair comb. Its very simple!
2. Don’t try to make a complicated design. Place simple clusters of flowers in your hair. If you plan on making a head band or halo make sure you have practiced in advance. Those designs can be a little more complex but easy to learn if done a few times. Check out with DIY floral head band tutorial if you want to learn how to make a floral head band.
3. Don’t over order. Less is more in this circumstance. You will not need to order extra flowers for this simple addition to your DIY. Just use a few blooms (remove them from their stems) and tastefully decorate.