This month’s featured DIY bride and winner of a $100 American Express Gift Card is Rachael. Her rustic, vintage-themed wedding was absolutely gorgeous – and the flowers are simply stunning! All of these beautiful moments were captured by Marcus Bierbaum Photography. Check out the full photo spread here!
“…I would like you know that the flowers that we received were perfect! …The instructions were very clear and we were able to make amazing bouquets for my bridal party. They were also a blast to make!” ~ Rachael, DIY bride
Rachael’s bouquets included several types of garden roses. The Garden Rose Miranda is a pink rose with frilled inner petals. As a large, fluffy rose, it works wonderfully in bouquets. Garden Rose O’Hara Light Pink is the paler pink rose, which adds romantic yet sophisticated texture. The Garden Rose O’Hara White is a classic white garden rose with a large, elegant bloom.
Rachael used Eskimo White and Versilia Peach roses to accentuate the main garden roses and to add color. As filler flowers, the bouquets include white lisianthus, white hydrangea to make up a beautiful variety. Dianthus, green hypericum and lotus pods (purchase these at your local craft store) add a touch of whimsy.
To add to the rustic feel, the bouquets were wrapped in burlap ribbon. Rachael added a touch of silky white ribbon to her own.
Did we mention they got married in a barn?! The couple actually restored the floors, built stairs and cleaned out the hay themselves!
What are your thoughts on this lovely wedding?
Want a chance to win a $100 American Express Gift Card like Rachael? Send your professional wedding photos of your Blooms By The Box DIY flowers to Diana@bloomsbythebox.com. AND write a review on wedding wire and you will be entered to win!
Congratulations to Kim and Kanye on their little miracle! Here at Blooms By The Box, we talk a lot about weddings, but in reality, there are so many different events that require flowers! Check out this white and garden-themed baby shower – so many of the arrangements would be easy DIY projects! All photos are courtesy of WomenStyles.
For the centerpieces, Kim played into the recent trend of one-flower-variety arrangements, which is super simple to replicate on your own. One type of flower in a vase in not only easy to make but extremely classy. White peonies, roses and tulips created a simple, elegant feel that you can make on a budget.
Kim’s most treasured guests received floral head wreaths made with gypsophilia (baby’s breath) and white wax flower. These fluffy, long stemmed filler flowers are easy to use and create a light, ethereal look. Simple wiring techniques make these floral headbands an easy DIY project – great for flower girls, bridesmaids, or simple decoration!
Check out the preparation for Kim Kardashian’s baby shower. The roses you see here are packaged the same as when you receive them from BloomsByTheBox, directly out of the wholesale market,. They are fresh and of premium quality, just as a florist would receive them for a celebrity event like this one. Notice they’re clipping the stems and immediately putting the roses in buckets of water to keep them properly hydrated.
What a gorgeous arrangement of cream and pale yellow roses! Blocks of floral foam make it easy to create large, shaped arrangements. Flower lengths can be adjusted without cutting more stems, so it’s much easier than a regular vase arrangement.
We think Kim’s flower choices were charming – what do you think?
Many times DIY couples are afraid to put together their own flower arrangements because they are worried that the mechanical work in centerpieces will be too difficult. But, this is super simple. Learn how to make rustic centerpieces by using tape to form a grid for perfect mason jar centerpieces. This is a very simple method to help you achieve professional looking yet simple arrangements. And anyone can do it! This arrangement is easy to make, does not require a lot of flowers, features inexpensive flower varieties, and takes less than than other arrangement types. It’s a win all the way around!
Step by Step:
1. Gather mason jars, floral tape, scissors, and flowers. This arrangement features pink ranunculus, purple tulips, yellow spray roses, pink larkspur, and fuchsia stock. Use bright and saturated colors to make this summery bold look.
3. Make sure all your flowers are properly hydrated, also add clean water and flower food to the mason jar. Especially if you are having an outdoor summer event! Keep your flowers looking fresh where there is not air conditioning.
2. Use the waterproof green floral tape to create a grid pattern at the top of the vase. Make sure the tape is not spilling over the edges of the vase. Your goal will be to cover the grid with flowers.
3. Use the grid to place a tall flower, like larkspur, at the center that will act as the highest point in a triangular shaped arrangement. Then use another tall and full flower like stock to radiate out from the center in a triangular shape.
4. After the initial shape is made with your taller flowers start filling in the spaces with focal flowers that add shape and texture like spray roses, ranunculus, and tulips.
5. Turn the arrangement and add flowers until you are happy with the result!
If you have any questions feel free to leave them in them comments! We are here to help and we love your feedback! Is there anything you are dying to know how to make? POST A COMMENT and we will make it happen!