Picking flower colors and varieties is actually a pretty easy process with the help of BloomsByTheBox! This colorful bouquet was put together using the flowers in the BloomsByTheBox Mix and Match Rainbow Wildflower Pack. Wildflowers were all created with the rustic wedding theme in mind.
Place an order for wholesale flowers online, receive your flower order 2 days before your wedding. when you receive the order hydrate the flowers. Want to learn how to hydrate and prep your flowers? Visit these online DIY flowers lessons to learn it all! Once you are ready to arrange make sure you have your stemwrap, floral scissors, bouquet wrap material, and corsage pins.
Start building your bouquet, each time you add a later of flowers, secure them using the stemwrap. Make sure you rotate the bright flowers to create a balance colorful bouquet! Once you have built a big enough bouquet and are satisfied with the shape, cut all the stems to the same length.
Next, use any fabric or ribbon that you like to wrap the stems. Hold the very beginning in place with a corsage pin, insert the pin on a vertical angle to make sure the pin goes down with the stems and not out the back of the bouquet stems. Once you have wrap the stems hold the fabric in place by using the corsage pins again.
Once you are done with the bouquet wrap you will have a beautiful rustic color bouquet for your wedding! Purchase this color back of wildflowers to create up to 15 arrangements for under $350.00! If you have any comments or questions about this post please leave us a comment, we love to help you and answer questions!
How to Plan a Budget Wedding – 10 Ways To Pull It Off
Although this meme is pretty hilarious, it speaks to some pretty scary truths about wedding planning these days. First of all, it’s not as customary for parents to pay for their children’s weddings, so that could mean it’s YOUR savings spent on a five hours. Second, who wants to actually blow their parents’ hard earned savings if they are paying for it? Third, this meme has a point, is it really practical to put that money into 5 hours, or would it be more practical to put a down-payment on a home or toward a future investment for example? If these points hit home with you, you probably are looking to plan a budget wedding, of course one that still rocks! Yes, wedding planning on a budget can be hard work, but it would be more than worth it to walk away knowing that you did right by your family and your future. After all, we are handed a different hand in this life. For whatever reason you want to throw a budget wedding, OWN IT.
If you have decided to take the budget route pick a few areas that you can compromise on. Even just swapping a few things for the budget’s sake can save thousands…
There are a couple ways you can get a bargain on a venue. Get married on a Friday or Sunday during the off-season (winter). Hold the ceremony and reception at the same location to get a good deal. Try to book as close to the wedding date as possible, as time goes on venues rather book a wedding for less than not have a booking at all.
Rustic and Vintage weddings are money savers. You can use pre-used items that are more beautiful than you imagine. You can even re-purpose things you already have. Ask friends and family to help complete your theme, they will probably be happy to participate. This will also give you a lot of freedom in choosing a venue.
Buy fresh wholesale flowers online. This is a no brainer, you can literally save thousands, but make it easy on yourself. Don’t try to make crazy, huge, technical designs. Pick simple arrangements and get enough flowers to spread small arrangements all over your venue. A bunch of smaller arrangements can have the same impact as a few large ones! If you need help figuring all this out, BloomsByTheBox is the best resource for DIY brides who need help through the DIY flower process, go visit the website, watch the videos, call the staff, and get your free consultation!
Do your research. It’s really easy to float around the internet and find something you love and impulse buy it. A lot of times you can get an inflated price when impulse buying (and you might even end up with a whole bunch of stuff that doesn’t really go together). If you find something you adore, look around for other places to purchase, compare prices, compare the price of making it on your own, then make a decision.
Having a huge wedding party gets expensive. There are a lot of costs associated for both them and you. Try to cap off your bridesmaid count to 5 or 6 people. If you end up with 10 bridesmaids and spend $100 per thank you gift just that alone totals $1,000. Then each one of them needs a bouquet, and some of them may not be willing to pay for a dress. Then you will need to match that number in groomsmen, who then each need a gift, boutonniere, etc… You see how this is starting to snowball into thousands of dollars? Point made.
Catering can get extremely expensive. If you have 100 people you can spend upwards of $10,000 on food alone. The most popular budget saving options include buffet style serving, BBQ style food options, food trucks, and candy stations instead of a huge cake.
Etsy is the most awesome resource the wedding industry could have been gifted. You can get all of your vases, decor (like these flags below), and specialty items at an extremely affordable price. Specifically customized signage cannot be found at better prices than on Etsy.
8. GROUPON HONEYMOON
You can pay thousands and thousands for a week at an all inclusive island vacation for your honeymoon. OR you can keep an eye on groupon for a deal the peaks your interest. We are all different in terms of vacation preference but no matter what you can find something perfect on Groupon, including trips in Greece, Rome, and much more that include airfare!
Don’t spend too much money on something that people will most likely discard at some point. There are ways to get beautiful invitations without going crazy. Ann Bridal’s Bargains will have you thrilled! You can do your invitations for UNDER $100!!
10. YOUR ATTITUDE
What you can afford is more than good enough. Believe it, own it, embrace it. Once you accept that you will have a much easier time staying in the budget and being happy with the result.
The DIY Flower Inspiration Boards were designed to simplify the planning process and sharing of fantasy flower selections with family and friends. The tool has worked wonders, so to celebrate BloomsByTheBox is hosting The 2014 Flower Fantasy DIY Wedding Flower Giveaway during July and August 2014. The grand prize winner will turn his or her wedding flower fantasies into $400 worth of purchases at BloomsByTheBox.com. A second place winner will also be chosen to receive a $100 purchase. Be sure to read “How To Enter” and “Rules” before submitting your entry!
HOW TO ENTER: Submit a DIY Flower Inspiration Board
Go to BloomsByTheBox.com, create an inspiration board and submit the board to the Flower Fantasy DIY Wedding Flower Giveaway! The submit button is right under your finished inspiration board, its that simple, just hit submit!
Blooms will accept entries until Thursday July 31st. On Friday August 1st, all valid entries will be posted on the Blooms Facebook Page, and the Fantasy Flowers Inspiration Board receiving the most “Likes” by Friday August 15th will win $400.00 towards your BloomsByTheBox DIY wedding flowers. A second place winner will receive $100.00 to spend with BloomsByTheBox.
1. All entries must be received by 11:59 Thursday, July 31st.
2. Only one entry per Blooms user account.
3. You may share your inspiration board from our Facebook page to get likes! This will help you friends locate your board and vote.
4. All entries will be posted on BloomsByTheBox Facebook page on Friday, August 1st. The Inspiration Board image with the highest number of FB “Likes” by Friday, August 15th will be the Grand Prize winner. The second-highest number of FB Likes will receive the 2nd place prize.
5. In the event of a tie, BloomsByTheBox will randomly select first and second place winners from tying entries.
6. Winners will be announced Monday, August 18th. Winners will be notified via email using the contact information on the Blooms user account. Winners will be announced on Facebook, Instagram and BloomsBlog.
7. Grand Prize: Winner will receive a $400 BloomsByTheBox credit good for the purchase of flowers and floral supplies sold by BloomsByTheBox. Unused credit cannot be redeemed for cash. Credit is valid until August 18th, 2015.
8. Second Prize: Winner will receive a $100 BloomsByTheBox credit good for the purchase of flowers and floral supplies sold by BloomsByTheBox. Unused credit cannot be redeemed for cash. Credit is valid until August 18, 2015.
Watch this video to learn how to create your DIY Flower Inspiration Board for Submission:
Just to help you as much as we can we also want to point your direction to the BloomsByTheBox “DIY+ Deluxe Support” available to customers. Each and every DIY’er deserves the professional support and direction they would get with a florist. We are proud to offer an abundance of resources that make DIY flowers a creative adventure and not a burdensome task. In addition to our new DIY Flower Inspiration board tool, you should take advantage of our DIY Guide to Wedding Flowers, online DIY Flower 101 lessons, video tutorial workshop, inspiration gallery, DIY Flower Tutorials Collection on Pinterest, and top notch customer service and planning support (live chat today).
When you are making your own arrangements to save money, consider making some of the more easy do it yourself wedding centerpieces. Just because they are simple does not mean they boring and bland! You can create easy to assemble centerpieces with lots of textures and colors. Here is a little sample of some beautifully high impact centerpieces made using the Blooms Enchanted Meadow Wildflower Pack! Super simple to arrange, extremely affordable, and fitting for any event.
1. Order flowers online with BloomsByTheBox.com. Make sure to talk to one of our flower professionals to make sure you order the right quantities and flowers. We are always happy to help you through the process. Here, at BloomsByTheBox.com, we understand that blindly ordering flowers without talking to some one with experience can be pretty scary. That’s why we really believe in providing support and guidance to all of our valued DIY’ers.
2. When placing your order, pick a requested date of 3 days before your wedding. Since all flowers are over-nighted (to make sure they are delivered fresh), you will receive your flowers 2 days before the wedding. Hydrate the flowers upon arrival in a cool, dry, place out of direct sunlight or drafts. The day before the wedding arrange all the flowers.
3. Now that the flowers are hydrated and open all you need to do is fill the vases with water, cut the stems, and plop a couple stems of flowers into each vase. One stem of greens, filler, and a couple focal flowers will do the trick here!
Making easy do it yourself wedding centerpieces does not get much more stress free than this. The great news is that this look is really trendy right now, meaning, it’s simple but does not compromise your plans for having the beautiful wedding you want. Would you try this? DON’T forget we have a BUNCH if different color wildflower packs too!
The DIY Boutonniere is a concept that tends to stress DIY couples out. The myth that you can do those on your own is actually pretty simple to debunk. We honestly feel that a boutonniere tutorial like this could prove it’s simplicity. Very commonly we come in contact with brides, mothers, and couples who say they are afraid to make their own boutonnieres because it seems too technical and difficult. Contrary to popular belief, they are actually one of the most simple arrangements to create and even require the least amount of time. In just a few simple photos we demonstrate how easy it can be to create a blue, pink, and purple wildflower boutonniere.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Order flowers for bouquets, centerpieces, and decor. Make sure calculate a few extra stems for the boutonnieres. Keep in mind that while you are pruning down flowers for bouquets and centerpieces you will prob have left over short stems that you can use to make your boutonnieres…. especially with flowers that have multiple blooms per stem.
2. Once you receive your flowers make sure to hydrate them for at least 6-8 hours. To learn about flower care read this flower care sheet.
3. Prune down flowers to have a 2-3 inch stem.
4. Attach the greenery, we used variegated pittosporum, to your main flowers (in this case the blue thistle) using your stem wrap. When pulling the stem wrap it will adhere to itself, making is easy to use! It will also blend into the color of the stems so don’t worry if you don’t want to use ribbon over it!
5. Add your fillers/ accent flowers, in this case statice and wax flower, and cover the stems with the stemwrap.
6. Once you are finished you can wrap the stems with ribbon or fabric, then insert the corsage pins to make them ready to go.
It is pretty simple right? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment!
BloomsByTheBox is now offering Baby Shower Flower Packs! Easy, affordable, and beautiful— these packs are perfect for your DIY baby shower decorations! We have taken out the guess work because all the quantities are picked for you! One pack can make 8-10 small-medium sized arrangements or 5-6 large arrangements. Use mason jars, mix and match vases, old bottles, or whatever you can find to arrange these flowers. Check out these packs and their pictures below and let us know what you think!
COMING SOON: Pictures of arrangements you can create yourself using these packs of Baby Shower Flowers!
Also, stay tuned for fun baby shower games you can play at your shower! Your DIY flower arrangements can serve as more than just decorations. Aside from looking beautiful, these baby shower decorations are the perfect give away prize for the winners of the fun games you can play! Save money on baby shower favors, and let these DIY Baby Shower Flower Packs serve as decorations AND prizes!