Ordering wholesale flowers online is something that requires some planning. Here, at BloomsByTheBox.com, we believe in being there for each customer, every step of the process, from beginning to end. So to get you started, here are the top 5 questions asked about ordering wholesale flowers online, a little jump start for ya!
1. When should I place my order?
Orders can be placed up to 45 days in advance of your desired ship date. You will select your ship date during check out. When possible, we recommend that orders for weddings be placed 2-3 weeks in advance of ship date. This will allow for the most flexibility to fill your order as requested.
Note that some items (such as garden roses) MUST be ordered in advance to allow for transit time from the growers (“lead time”). The number of extra days that is required for these items is indicated on the product detail page.
Products that are in stock (shown on the website) can be shipped immediately:
Orders placed before 2:00PM (ET) Monday-Thursday can ship the same day.
Orders placed after 2:00PM (ET) Monday-Wednesday can ship the next day.
Orders placed Friday-Sunday or after 2:00PM (ET) on Thursday can ship Monday.
2. When should I have my order shipped?
All flowers from BloomsByTheBox are shipped via next-day delivery on the requested ship date. No matter where you are in the continental US!
We suggest having your order shipped 3 days before the event. Your order will arrive 2 days before your event allowing time for flower hydration and arranging. For example, for a Saturday wedding, request a Wednesday ship date for Thursday delivery.
3. How do I figure out how many flowers I need for my arrangements?
4. I can’t find a flower I want. Why do the products and prices change frequently?
Because we are constantly buying from around the world, we keep our offerings on BloomsByTheBox.com up to date with only products we know we can deliver and at the best prices available each day. Products may not be available on a given day because of seasonality or because we have none available to ship that day. If you don’t see a product you want to order, call us at 855-BUY-BLOOMS or email customer service.
5. Should I do a trial run?
Yes! Although we do not have free samples, our low $50 minimum order, means you can order small quantities of items you are interested in. This means you can receive a couple bunches of flowers that and practice hydration and arranging!
ANY QUESTIONS WE MISSED? POST THEM IN THE COMMENTS!
If you have a Pinterest and you are engaged you can relate to this very funny yet strikingly honest ecard. You are inundated with images of high end finishes, extravagant venues, million dollar wedding dresses, and extremely expensive decor/details on Pinterest. It has become unusually easy to develop unrealistic expectations for your wedding.
There are Pinterest weddings and reality budgets…Caught in that predicament? Well there are 5 solutions to help you work through your wedding planning:
1. Use Pinterest as a point of inspiration, not your wedding template. Learn that adjusting ideas to realistically fit your budget is going to also make the process a whole lot more pleasant for all parties involved. When you see a wedding you LOVE, instead of trying to replicate that exact wedding, use the important elements as a wedding guide. For example, use that wedding’s color inspiration and general theme. Creating a vintage, modern, rustic, or themed event can absolutely be done on a budget without spending as much money as Kim Kardashian.
2. Create your own flower arrangements. I am sure you noticed that some of the most pinned images are extravagant arrangements with the most pricey flowers. Getting high end flowers and paying a florist can run you THOUSANDS of dollars. Compromise. Only buy a few bunches of high end flowers for your bouquet and the grooms boutonniere, then order similar, yet more affordable flowers for the rest of your arrangements. Maybe even hire a florist to make bouquets while you make centerpieces, either way you will greatly offset your costs.
3. Recycle. Get the decor you want… and make it count for double! Bring arrangements, props, signage, flowers, and decor from the wedding ceremony to the wedding reception. Are your friends having weddings around the same time or year? Split the cost of vases or items that can be used in original ways at each wedding. Being green can also save you some green.
4. Remember What Is REALLY Important. Congratulations, you have found someone to spend the rest of your life with. If you have a tight budget, don’t let it get you down, you are coming out a winner on this day no matter what.
5. Use Pinterest DIY Tutorials. While Pinterest is notorious for it’s over the top wedding inspiration it is also famous for it’s bountiful supply of DIY picture tutorials. Refocus some of your Pinterest time to finding some DIY projects that are perfect for your wedding and budget! Don’t forget BloomsByTheBox has a DIY Flower Projects board with hundreds of picture tutorials.
6. Create Your Budget then STICK TO IT. It’s common to sit down and make a budget then go way over once you the wedding industry has to offer. It is tough to stay on track but you can do it! We believe you can!
We can help! Create your dream arrangements on a budget with BloomsByTheBox.com DIY flowers! Just send us your Pinterest inspiration and we can help you create flowers on a reality budget!
The spring has sprung and luckily for us, dahlias sprout in the spring! The newly turned dirt has harvested ever so popular DIY wedding dahlias. In celebration, BloomsByTheBox is having a 10% off sale on all dahlias for the rest of April! This affordable stunner and crowd pleaser is arranged in many unique ways! So to get your inspiration kick started here are some Dahlias designs you cannot miss out on! If you have a summer wedding get your order in for dahlias now to get the best price!
1. Dahlia Bouquets
You can do this in a couple different ways, you can make a bouquet of dahlias in the same color, a bouquet of dahlias in different colors, or a mix of dahlias with other flowers. However you decide to do it, diy wedding dahlias make affordable bouquets that look fairly expensive.
Photo by Sara & Rocky Photography
2. Dahlia Centerpieces
Keeping it simple can still be sophisticated and fun! This is an extremely easy arrangement to make yet provides high impact. Choose brightly colored dahlias, add some glitter to simple clear vases, and simple just display them on tables. If this is not your style, keep it simple by choosing dahlias and putting them in a vase that fits your style. The texture of dahlias make it easy to make arrangements without secondary flowers, fillers, and greens.
Photos by Young Hearts Photography!
3. Dahlia Ceremony Decor
Ceremony decor can be a simple DIY. Just remember to keep things simple, don’t try your hand at a highly technical arrangement on your big day. The arrangement below requires little to no technical skills. Once you have you the supplies this kind of arrangement will come together quickly and effortlessly.
Photo by Hannah Marie Photography
4. Dahlias on Wedding Cake
Simply placing dahlias on your wedding cake will make a big difference with a small piece of your budget. Dont worry, these diy wedding dahlias are safe to put on wedding cake!
5. Ombre Dahlia Accents
It can be complicated to make ombre arrangements when you are using multiple flower varieties. However, when you put one flower variety in simple vases you can create a beautiful atmosphere with color. This high impact arrangement can be made with 2-3 bunches of diy wedding dahlias!
The 2014 Great Inspirations DIY Wedding Flower Giveaway will be announcing it’s winner on April 14th! But first, in order to pick that winner we need your vote!
Come visit our Facebook page and vote for your favorite flower combinations! This is a great way to see some other perspectives too! Seeing other people’s ideas for pairing wedding flowers together may help you come up with some ideas of your own!
Some of the trends that are clear in our DIY’ers inspirations boards include garden roses, succulents, anemones, billy balls, and pale pinks and peaches!
You only have a few days left to submit your DIY Flower Inspiration Board for a chance to win $300 toward your BloomsByTheBox.com order! All you need to do is create an inspiration board using our handy design/ planning tool. Then, hit the submit button, the winner will be the board that gets the most Facebook votes! We will be posting all boards in a Facebook photo album! Share your inspiration board that is posted on our Facebook to get friends to vote! It’s easy!
Need to know how to create the inspiration board? Check out this video demo:
Creating mismatched, vintage/antique DIY wedding centerpieces is a popular option for modern day budget weddings. You often see beautiful mixes of blue glass, amber glass, medicine bottles, and hobnail vases with lush greenery and flowers in romantic styled weddings. Both traditional antiquing and internet antiquing coupled together will help you hunt down best prices and offerings! Pair these your vintage/ antique vases with wholesale flowers will help you come in budget! Photo by Linda Chaja Photography featured on Style Me Pretty.
There are a couple different reasons that antiquing could be attractive to you:
1. Grab aunts, grandmothers, and future in-laws to do some vase hunting. This is a great way to start the integration of your two families. Bringing a mother in-law/future relatives with your family can help begin the bonding process. Antiquing can promote nostalgic memories from childhood that remind people of the importance of family relationships . The nostalgic atmosphere is the perfect place to create new memories and family connections.
2. You can supplement your antiquing trip with some internet antiquing. After you have found a number of pieces in your family and friend trip you can search the internet. This way there wont be as much pressure for your family outing and you can always find more when you get home.
3. Mix and match vases create a textured look that fits into a romantic wedding theme. The ability to mix different vase types together will also save your wallet. You will gain flexibility that allows you select vases at a good price rather than something that matches perfectly with the other vases! Small sets of vases like the amber glass above will provide some consistency with a couple other “sets”.
Some other favorite resources for vintage and antique DIY flower containers include Etsy.com, LunarBazaar.com, PotteryBarn.com, BDHLN.com, and or course all your local antique stores! Please comment and let us know where you are finding your vintage vases!