The DIY Flower Inspiration Boards were designed to simplify the planning process and sharing of fantasy flower selections with family and friends. The tool has worked wonders, so to celebrate BloomsByTheBox is hosting The 2014 Flower Fantasy DIY Wedding Flower Giveaway during July and August 2014. The grand prize winner will turn his or her wedding flower fantasies into $400 worth of purchases at BloomsByTheBox.com. A second place winner will also be chosen to receive a $100 purchase. Be sure to read “How To Enter” and “Rules” before submitting your entry!
HOW TO ENTER: Submit a DIY Flower Inspiration Board
Go to BloomsByTheBox.com, create an inspiration board and submit the board to the Flower Fantasy DIY Wedding Flower Giveaway! The submit button is right under your finished inspiration board, its that simple, just hit submit!
Blooms will accept entries until Thursday July 31st. On Friday August 1st, all valid entries will be posted on the Blooms Facebook Page, and the Fantasy Flowers Inspiration Board receiving the most “Likes” by Friday August 15th will win $400.00 towards your BloomsByTheBox DIY wedding flowers. A second place winner will receive $100.00 to spend with BloomsByTheBox.
1. All entries must be received by 11:59 Thursday, July 31st.
2. Only one entry per Blooms user account.
3. You may share your inspiration board from our Facebook page to get likes! This will help you friends locate your board and vote.
4. All entries will be posted on BloomsByTheBox Facebook page on Friday, August 1st. The Inspiration Board image with the highest number of FB “Likes” by Friday, August 15th will be the Grand Prize winner. The second-highest number of FB Likes will receive the 2nd place prize.
5. In the event of a tie, BloomsByTheBox will randomly select first and second place winners from tying entries.
6. Winners will be announced Monday, August 18th. Winners will be notified via email using the contact information on the Blooms user account. Winners will be announced on Facebook, Instagram and BloomsBlog.
7. Grand Prize: Winner will receive a $400 BloomsByTheBox credit good for the purchase of flowers and floral supplies sold by BloomsByTheBox. Unused credit cannot be redeemed for cash. Credit is valid until August 18th, 2015.
8. Second Prize: Winner will receive a $100 BloomsByTheBox credit good for the purchase of flowers and floral supplies sold by BloomsByTheBox. Unused credit cannot be redeemed for cash. Credit is valid until August 18, 2015.
Watch this video to learn how to create your DIY Flower Inspiration Board for Submission:
Just to help you as much as we can we also want to point your direction to the BloomsByTheBox “DIY+ Deluxe Support” available to customers. Each and every DIY’er deserves the professional support and direction they would get with a florist. We are proud to offer an abundance of resources that make DIY flowers a creative adventure and not a burdensome task. In addition to our new DIY Flower Inspiration board tool, you should take advantage of our DIY Guide to Wedding Flowers, online DIY Flower 101 lessons, video tutorial workshop, inspiration gallery, DIY Flower Tutorials Collection on Pinterest, and top notch customer service and planning support (live chat today).
When you are making your own arrangements to save money, consider making some of the more easy do it yourself wedding centerpieces. Just because they are simple does not mean they boring and bland! You can create easy to assemble centerpieces with lots of textures and colors. Here is a little sample of some beautifully high impact centerpieces made using the Blooms Enchanted Meadow Wildflower Pack! Super simple to arrange, extremely affordable, and fitting for any event.
1. Order flowers online with BloomsByTheBox.com. Make sure to talk to one of our flower professionals to make sure you order the right quantities and flowers. We are always happy to help you through the process. Here, at BloomsByTheBox.com, we understand that blindly ordering flowers without talking to some one with experience can be pretty scary. That’s why we really believe in providing support and guidance to all of our valued DIY’ers.
2. When placing your order, pick a requested date of 3 days before your wedding. Since all flowers are over-nighted (to make sure they are delivered fresh), you will receive your flowers 2 days before the wedding. Hydrate the flowers upon arrival in a cool, dry, place out of direct sunlight or drafts. The day before the wedding arrange all the flowers.
3. Now that the flowers are hydrated and open all you need to do is fill the vases with water, cut the stems, and plop a couple stems of flowers into each vase. One stem of greens, filler, and a couple focal flowers will do the trick here!
Making easy do it yourself wedding centerpieces does not get much more stress free than this. The great news is that this look is really trendy right now, meaning, it’s simple but does not compromise your plans for having the beautiful wedding you want. Would you try this? DON’T forget we have a BUNCH if different color wildflower packs too!
The DIY Boutonniere is a concept that tends to stress DIY couples out. The myth that you can do those on your own is actually pretty simple to debunk. We honestly feel that a boutonniere tutorial like this could prove it’s simplicity. Very commonly we come in contact with brides, mothers, and couples who say they are afraid to make their own boutonnieres because it seems too technical and difficult. Contrary to popular belief, they are actually one of the most simple arrangements to create and even require the least amount of time. In just a few simple photos we demonstrate how easy it can be to create a blue, pink, and purple wildflower boutonniere.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Order flowers for bouquets, centerpieces, and decor. Make sure calculate a few extra stems for the boutonnieres. Keep in mind that while you are pruning down flowers for bouquets and centerpieces you will prob have left over short stems that you can use to make your boutonnieres…. especially with flowers that have multiple blooms per stem.
2. Once you receive your flowers make sure to hydrate them for at least 6-8 hours. To learn about flower care read this flower care sheet.
3. Prune down flowers to have a 2-3 inch stem.
4. Attach the greenery, we used variegated pittosporum, to your main flowers (in this case the blue thistle) using your stem wrap. When pulling the stem wrap it will adhere to itself, making is easy to use! It will also blend into the color of the stems so don’t worry if you don’t want to use ribbon over it!
5. Add your fillers/ accent flowers, in this case statice and wax flower, and cover the stems with the stemwrap.
6. Once you are finished you can wrap the stems with ribbon or fabric, then insert the corsage pins to make them ready to go.
It is pretty simple right? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment!
BloomsByTheBox is now offering Baby Shower Flower Packs! Easy, affordable, and beautiful— these packs are perfect for your DIY baby shower decorations! We have taken out the guess work because all the quantities are picked for you! One pack can make 8-10 small-medium sized arrangements or 5-6 large arrangements. Use mason jars, mix and match vases, old bottles, or whatever you can find to arrange these flowers. Check out these packs and their pictures below and let us know what you think!
COMING SOON: Pictures of arrangements you can create yourself using these packs of Baby Shower Flowers!
Also, stay tuned for fun baby shower games you can play at your shower! Your DIY flower arrangements can serve as more than just decorations. Aside from looking beautiful, these baby shower decorations are the perfect give away prize for the winners of the fun games you can play! Save money on baby shower favors, and let these DIY Baby Shower Flower Packs serve as decorations AND prizes!
Make a Wildflower Bouquet: Step by Step
Learning to make a wildflower bouquet will teach you about creating any bouquet you want. The basic construction for a hand tied bouquet does not vary when you use different flowers. We decided to show you how to make a wildflower bouquet because of the popularity of rustic DIY weddings! In an attempt to make ordering DIY flowers for a rustic wedding a more simple process BloomsByTheBox created an entire line of wholesale wildflower packs. Check out this full tutorial and call BloomsByTheBox with any questions you may have!
Tips You Need to Know to DIY Your Flowers:
1. Hydrating/ Care & Prep is key. When you purchase wholesale flowers you are saving money on the labor cost. Including prepping the flowers. When you receive flowers they will need some extra care before being put into a bouquet. First, cut at least two inches off the stems, place the flowers in room temperature water.
Make sure to store the flowers in a cool DRY place out of any direct sunlight or heat/cool draft. We emphasize DRY because if you place the flowers in a humid environment they may become limp. They hydrate best in a cool dry place! Also, there is no need to put the flowers in a refrigerator, just a room temperature or cool spot will do. Refrigerators contain fruits, vegetables,and ripening fruits that can actually give off a dangerous chemical that kills flowers.For more information on flower care see our flower care sheet.
2. Give yourself enough time. Generally mason jar arrangements, bottle arrangements, and boutonnieres are quick to make. Bouquets tend to take a little but more time. Get some helping hands and make all your bouquets and centerpieces the day before the wedding. Make all your boutonnieres the day of the wedding as they are harder to keep hydrated since the stems are completely cover with stem wrap and ribbon.
3. Transportation. Work out transportation of flowers or arrangements in advance, you do not want to be stuck with arrangements in a small car, forcing you to make multiple trips. Arrange to have a friend/family member pick up arrangements ins a van or SUV.
If you are able to to take the flowers to the venue and arrange centerpieces there that is usually best. If not, arrange your flowers, place then in boxes or secure them so they will not fall over/break, then bring to the venue and get them inside right away.
4. Prepare. Prepare yourself for a couple broken stems, sometime when arranging or traveling a couple stems will break, make sure you order a little extra to give yourself room for error. Also, if you don’t estimate how many flowers you need correctly, the extra flowers may save you.
Do you have any questions? Comment and ask!
Yes! We agree! So if you get the chance to plan a wedding now that Pinterest is in full swing take advantage. You can find over 175 DIY Flower tutorials on the BloomsByTheBox Pinterest alone! Check out some of the ideas you can find for your DIY flowers!
DIY Flower Tutorials
Rustic Wedding Flowers
Peach Wedding Flowers